Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, April 4, 2016

Make The Time Count!


Hello people!

Life is going so great here in Lugoff, each day I experience the
tender mercies of the Lord as he reminds me of his love! 
We have picked up some new investigators. One is a 14 yr old named Nick. He is super cool and excited to keep learning. His Friend is a member and invited Nick to be taught.
It was really fun to teach the restoration to Nick because Joseph Smith was the same age when he asked one of the most important questions ever asked!

Last week the Furlows, a family in the ward had a little surprise birthday cake for me at the end of Pday! It was super fun! Here is some pics of the cake!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I feel so weird being 20...I still think I am 16 sometimes.

General Conference was so fantastic! It is sad to think that was my last one as a missionary.  
The Great theme that I noticed for myself, was the great need to draw near to Jesus Christ, and to become very close to him. I was really excited after hearing President Nelson invite us to ask the Lord "to teach us how to obtain power in the Priesthood". The idea of personally being tutored by the Lord to learn the ways of His Priesthood fascinates me, and motivates me to be a better person. I believe the Lord will interact with us in very intimate and personal ways that are specific to our individuality.

I love ya'll, thanks everyone for all the gifts and cards and emails! Means a lot!
Ain't got much time left!  My goal for these final days of my mission is to NOT COUNT THE TIME, BUT MAKE THE TIME COUNT!

Elder Dearden

1 comment:

  1. You are very wise Elder Dearden! I love your cake, what a sweet family =)

    ReplyDelete