Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, March 7, 2016

Willing

Blog

Well, When I ask Siri how much time I have left, she says 101 days. That's freaky. 

I'm loving it here, Elder Jeffs and I are teaching a lot and having lots of success finding new people. 

I feel like I'm starting to run out of things to say each week...
Our mission is changing the policy on eating dinners with Members, starting in April we will no longer be eating dinners with active members, unless they have an investigator there too. I know there will be some members out here that will struggle with that, but we are going forward trusting that the Lord was behind this decision. 

Last week for pday, I painted a King Tut statue, it turned out really nice! I'm addicted to ceramics now. 

Lately my mind has been thinking about the Sacrament Prayers, and the special meaning found in the word "Willing".

Sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking that each week we promise to be perfect. Sometimes when we hear "Keep his commandments", we sense the great pressure of the first law of heaven, "Obedience". But Christ knows that we have all fallen short for the First law, which is to be perfect, or the Law of Obedience, they are one in the same. We all fall short of exact obedience, the only one who has successfully done that is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ offers to us a covenant each week, he promises to send His spirit to help us if we "witness that we are willing". We can each evaluate ourselves each Sabbath by asking ourselves if we truly are "willing". That has never meant that we plan on being perfect that week, but it has always mean that we plan on Trying

The Sacrament means so much more to me as I have remembered Jesus Christ and his Mercy. He promises us that if we just move forward with a Willing Heart, we will have His spirit and we will become better, one step at a time. 
When the Lord declared the first Law of Heaven to be "obedient". He was setting for us the standard that would be our goal, it is the same law as when he said, "Be ye therefore perfect". He only expects us at this time to be "willing". 

I have personally felt a increase of my awareness of the Holy Ghost as I have focused on my 'willingness'. 

A common southern phrase to finish with
"Ya'll be good"


Elder Dearden




The photo was taken before the flag was removed.  It was given to me by another Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment