Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, December 14, 2015

18 Months!

So, last week lots of stuff happened. The First was going to
Orangeburg to interview a man for Baptism. It is always a special
experience to feel the spirit witness during a baptismal interview. Oh
ya! Before I went to Orangeburg I was asked last minute to play the
Organ at a funeral in another stake. So we traveled with a Bishop to
an area that is called Winsor Lake.

While I was at the funeral my mind remembered Grandpa Dearden's
funeral and how many people came to it. I've been to a lot of funerals
here in the South, but none of them have matched the amount that
attended my Grandpas. I feel a great sense of gratitude for my Grandpa
Dearden and the heritage he left behind.

Second, on Wednesday we had Zone Conference. President Turner
introduced a program that our Area Seventy, Elder McArthur has invited
the state to participate in. It will be called, "The South Carolina
Initiative". This plan includes helping missionaries and ward councils
work closely to identify less active and part member families that
have potential to receive more ordinances. It was really exciting and
I'm excited to see it roll out at the beginning of 2016.
on Friday, I had my 18 month mark....that was weird. I can't believe I
have only 6 months remaining. I'm trying my best to make it count.

Also on Friday we had a ward Christmas dinner party! It was super fun,
lots of great southern food. Our investigators Brian and Sonya really
enjoyed it. They have made lots of Friends with the members at Church.
It's going really well. They both came to Church on Sunday.
I'm still playing the Organ during Sacrament, it's fun!

I don't have much else to say, But Ya'll have a great week!

Elder Dearden

No comments:

Post a Comment