Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, August 10, 2015

Serving in Irmo

So this past week felt a little slow and I am assuming this next week
will feel the same because everyone is gone on last minute vacation
before school starts! Or they are to busy getting ready for school!

But Fort Jackson was great yesterday, we had another baptism! Pvt
Mimms was baptized and Confirmed! I'll have pics next week.

So, yesterday I taught a solider, Pvt Alexander, she is new at Fort
Jackson. She walked in with her friend....who was recently baptized in
Florida. She comes up to us and says, "So I'm not a member of your
church, YET."....and then goes on to say that she plans to come to
church all through august and September to find out if it is the true
church. She says she grew up catholic but thinks that almost all
christian religions are confused. So she was really excited to have
the first lesson, the Restoration. As I was teaching her she just had
this bright countenance and kept saying, "Wow, this makes a lot of
sense!" Before I introduced her to the Book of Mormon she says, "So I
have heard that the Native Americans believe that Jesus Christ visited
them...is that ture?" haha, My response was, "YES! And we have their
record!". She was so excited to read the Book of Mormon and to
continue to learn. She is golden and I expect to see her baptized! I
had to hold back and not firehose her with information that I have
about what the "Native Americans" know about Jesus...

Our are in Irmo is doing better, we have a lot of potential
investigators. The problem is that everyone is so busy getting ready
for school. So hopefully in the next 2 weeks we will see that calm
down.

I was so thrilled that the Church released photos of Josephs Stone! 

Here is the link https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/10/jos
eph-the-seer?lang=eng

It is beautiful! I am so happy that the Church is being open about the
remarkable and mysterious aspects of revelation that occurred in the
early Church! We know God is the same yesterday today and forever,
Moroni says that spiritual gifts are still here, according to faith!


Anyways, I hope ya'll have a fantastic week!

Elder Dearden

No comments:

Post a Comment