Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, August 31, 2015

Mormon Mom Van

Yesterday Pvt Spoerke was baptized and confirmed! It was a great day,  it was a little on the rainy side when the baptism took place, but all
went well!

Last week when President came to my DDM he had a lot of great things to share with us. He taught  us how Faith is a Principle of Power and
how we can apply that into our missionary efforts.

Afterwards we talked for a bit and he has asked me to play a musical
piece during the Mission Leadership council tomorrow. He also has
invited me to come with him to a ward (idk where yet) somewhere in
South Carolina to play a Piano solo after he speaks. He said, "We will
teach the people here in South Carolina why music is important, so
you're coming with me to this ward."

The piece he gave me is an improvisation of "Come, Come, Ye Saints".
It is really simple yet can be played with a lot of emotion, so I am
excited to play it.

I can't believe that September is tomorrow! CRAZY! Amazing how time moves!

This week should be fun, I am excited for whatever comes.

I got a new van last week! It only had 7 miles on it when I picked it
up! Brand new!  It's funny because we call it, "The Mormon Mom van".

Anyways, Life is good!

I hope ya'll have a great week!

Elder Dearden

No comments:

Post a Comment