Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, August 17, 2015

Miracles in Fort Jackson

Hey Family and Friends, and people!

I had a really great week! Yesterday we had 4 more baptisms at Fort
Jackson. Elder Nolan hasn't given me the pictures yet from the
baptisms. So hopefully by next week I will have a bunch of the pics.

Anyways, I got pictures with my Fort Jackson District and my Dutch
Fork District.

I'm really enjoying my experiences here, my regular area can be really
difficult at times, but going to Fort Jackson each sunday cheers me
up!

Pvt Alexander, the Soldier I taught last week has agreed to be baptized
in two weeks! We are so excited for her! She actually wrote her mother
last week and was super surprised when she found out her mother was
actually baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
when she was young, but had never told her children! So Pvt Alexander
is really excited to be baptized and her Family is supportive!

I met another awesome soldier yesterday, Pvt Andrejic, he came in and
expressed that he wasn't very religious but had some questions. His
first question was, "The bible has prophets, why don't we have
prophets today?".....I was like, "That is a PERFECT question!".
Anyways I taught him the restoration and he was super excited towards
the end and agreed to be baptized in 2 weeks! I am so excited!
Miracles happen every week at Fort Jackson! I am so spoiled to be able
to participate in the amazing work that happens there!

I hope Ya'll have a fantastic week!

Elder Dearden




No comments:

Post a Comment