Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, August 24, 2015

I Few Quotes I Really Like....


 Family and friends

I had a great week. I hope ya'll don't get tired of me saying we
baptized again at Fort Jackson! It has became a weekly highlight to go
teach and baptize at fort Jackson every week!
Yesterday pvt Swartz was baptized and confirmed.

I also have pics of the baptisms from the past two weeks. I sent them
to my mom so I assume she will post them on the blog.

I'm a little anxious because just a few minutes ago President Turner
called me and told me that he will be attending my District meeting
tomorrow! Lots of pressure!
But I am also excited, I love President Turner, he always has amazing
direction and counsel to give.

I have been reading a book called, "The essential Nibley". It is like
a mini summary of Hugh Nibley's writings. He has some quotes that I
really like.

The first one:
"The test of this life is not for knowledge; it is not for
intelligence, or for courage, or for anything like that. That would be
a huge joke...we would all flunk those tests terribly."

My mind has really been dwelling on this next one:
"Who is righteous? Anyone who is repenting. No matter how bad he has
been, if he is repenting, he is a righteous man."

I really like that last quote, it puts life into perspective. That is
why we have the sacrament each week, we should constantly be
repenting. Our standing before Heavenly Father will always be that we
are a "fallen angel". However, it is only through Christ that we can
be redeemed from the fall, so that we can return the our Heavenly
Father and be found spotless before Him. We can only know Christ if we
repent. If we don't repent, he will say, "Depart, I never knew you".

So if we want to feel good about ourselves, we cannot take in any
amount of success because of our knowledge, intelligence, or courage
or anything like that. Because if we are not repenting all of those
things are nothing, they will do us no good. The only good we can do for
ourselves in this life is to repent and repent some more. Everything
else is dependent on our repentance.

I have a renewed effort to make sure that I am always repenting, and
the meaning and purpose of my calling as a missionary has expanded as
I realized I am "called to preach repentance to this people".

Anyways, I am excited for this week, it will be interesting and fun I'm sure!

Elder Dearden

This is from Yesterdays baptism of PVT Swartz

Last Week

Last Week


Also, here are some pictures of the neighborhoods I am serving in.



No comments:

Post a Comment