Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, July 6, 2015

Leaving Summerville :(

Hey Family and Friends

I have limited time today, I found out I am being Transferred away from Summerville and asked to be a District Leader somewhere else. I won't know where until I get to Columbia on Wednesday.

I took tons of pics. I'll hurry and attach them and try to quickly explain who all the people are. But I wish I had time to express the emotion I have had the past 3 days. So many amazing things have happened. Here are some pics.....

This is the Most amazing bishop ever, Bishop Justin Robinson and his wife. I am going to miss them so much! I could sit and talk forever about how amazing this couple is! I love them so much and I am so grateful for all that they did for me! I honestly would love to move back to Summerville sometime in my life and live in this ward!

This is Kent Robinson, The Bishops Dad. He is also our Ward Mission Leader, and the Father in Law of Jeff Hall. I Freaking Love His family. They honestly are one of the coolest families I have ever came across! I will always remember Kent, he has done so much for me and for this ward!

This is Bro George. He was recently Ordained and Elder. He will be going to the temple sometime this year! I am so excited for him. He will be feeding us lunch tomorrow. It will be hard to say goodbye but man, he is awesome! When he goes to the temple I'm pretty sure I'll get permission to meet him there!
This is Jeff Hall, He's the one that we shared the crazy coincidence where he knew some friends of mine who live in Mexico! After taking the picture he said, "We will go to Mexico, I'm serious!" So, hopefully one day we can continue to build the network of amazing people!
I'm gona Miss him! He is going to Baptize BEN on the 18th of July! I am so excited for Ben to be baptized. I'm sad I won't get to see it, but Ben is so ready! I should have pics sent to me afterwards of Ben's Baptism! I am so grateful to have known Ben and to have taught him for 6 months! It was fantastic!
I'll attach a pic of Ben too.
This is Ben.
This is James, I've talked about him the past couple of Emails. He is on the far left. Then Elder Paker, then Brother Wertz, one of the Ward missionaries we worked closely with. He also teaches Gospel Principles. Gosh Dang it, I'm going to miss these amazing people!!! James is working to get baptized, and I am hoping it will be soon! 
Sister Johnson, LeGrand Richins' niece.
This is Bro Johnson. He is really cool. I have had some fun conversations with him, He grew up in Richfield and knows where lots of native stuff is in the mountains. He's a really cool guy. He is also the Husband of the Relief Society President, Sis. Johnson, who is actually distantly related to me! She is a Richins. and LeGrand Richins is her Uncle! Crazy connections! But I love them. Above is Sister Johnson.

This is Bro Fish. He takes us out to Eat every p-day! He actually has Cancer but has set such an amazing example to me of how to continue to serve others despite the circumstances. It is amazing, it's Crazy, he will come out of radiation and go straight to taking us to lunch. He is such an amazing individual! I am so grateful to know him! I'm going to meet up with him in Charleston after emailing today!



Well, I will have even more pics after this week. I will be with Chase, Bobbi, and James and Nicole, and many others over the next 48 hours and I'll add more pics of them next week!

Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday was the most spiritual meeting I have ever attended. The Testimonies all revolved around Jesus Christ. The man blessing the Sacrament was emotional when saying the prayers and the whole Congregation was so respectful and the spirit just swung in full force. In Bobbi's words, "The Spirit was really heavy today". It was amazing to have everyone testify of the spirit that was in the room. Never before has the sacrament meant so much to me! 

It was also a very emotional day, I hated saying goodbye to people that I LOVE SO MUCH!

It will be especially hard to say goodbye to Elder Parker! I Love him so much, he has taught me something of value above all things! He showed me what Charity is! I will forever thank him for being a pure vessel of the Lord to Teach me by example of what it means to Love others! I have never met a more pure and loving individual! Elder Parker and I will be going to Charleston today to hang out one last time. I am grateful he will be only a few minutes away in Salt Lake after my mission so we can meet up often! I could go on and on about how amazing he is. But If his Mom reads this Blog, I want her to know she has a righteous son on a mission who touches so many hearts! He has certainly touched mine! 

Well, I am not happy about leaving Summerville, but I know the Lord is in Charge. I have so many terrific memories of Summerville with Elder Parker I will never forget! This closes an amazing Chapter of my life and It brakes my heart to turn the page! But I have to. 

Btw- I will never be able to explain in Words how amazing this past 6 months have been, but perhaps this quote from President Monson will scratch the surface.

"Beyond comprehension, my brothers and sisters, is the Love of God for us. Because of this Love, He sent his Son, who loved us enough to give His life for us, that we might have eternal life. As we come to understand this incomparable gift, our hearts will be filled with love for our Eternal Father, for our Savior, and for all mankind."

I have seen the Love of God from the people here in Summerville. Truly the Lord's hand is moving in the Charleston area! I just hope to get the point across that Love is the lesson of my mission, especially the past 6 months!

Moving forward, 
I WILL MISS SUMMERVILLE FOREVER!

Elder Dearden














 





No comments:

Post a Comment