Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, March 9, 2015

Life is Good!



Life is Good

So, I truly wish I had a lot to say this week. But really last week was just a regular week of a missionary. 

Our investigators are doing rather well, we also picked up a few new missionaries.

This week we are having Elder Kopischke of the Seventy visit our mission. Elder Parker and I will be playing a fancy arrangement of "Come all ye sons of God" on the Organ as a duet for the meeting. We are super excited, the song sounds really cool and is really unique. The song has 3 other melodies mixed into it. "High on the Mountain Top". "Let Zion in her Beauty Rise", "Ye Elders of Israel". 

We got a total of 3 new Missionaries in our district this past week! Elder Newton (Fresh off the plane), Elder Hatch, and Elder Collins. They are all really nice people.
There is a possibility some of them might move into our apartment soon, but we don't know yet. 

I guess just a Spiritual thought to conclude:

Moroni 8:26

 26 And the remission of sins bringeth meeknessand lowlinessof heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart comeththe visitation of the Holy Ghostwhich Comforter filleth with hope and perfect lovewhich love endureth by diligence unto prayeruntil the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.

I firmly believe in this scripture! Being on a mission has brought me to a Lowliness of Heart, and I certainly did experience a visitation of the Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost is super difficult to describe, but I do know without any question that the Holy Ghost can bear a witness that will fill our whole frame!

The best part however, is that if we are diligent unto prayer (Praying ALWAYS), we qualify to have the Holy Ghost fill us with Hope and Perfect Love! 
There is a powerful kind of Love I have felt for South Carolina the past 7 weeks, and it has made life so amazing! The Perfect Love comes from Jesus Christ.

I have also Learned that LOVE WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING!


I hope ya'lls week goes great!

Elder Dearden

No comments:

Post a Comment