Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Moving Forward!

 Wow, this past week was one heck of a week! So many great things came to great conclusions!

I'll start with John Mitchell. 
John has progressed so rapidly the past 3 months! He became worthy to receive the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday and he asked me to ordain him. It was such a great fulfillment to help John to do that. He will be ready to go to the temple by the summer!

I love John! We will be staying in really close contact!


John Mitchell
This is Bro Tim Pate, our Ward mission leader! I'll be coming back to see him for sure!


This is Bro Rapley, a ward missionary, we spent a lot of great time in the summer teaching people when he was out of school.

This is Josh Woolridge, he just started his mission papers two days ago! He went out with us quite a bit to teach lots of people!

This is the Manley Family! Bro and Sis Manley remind me so much of my own parents!

We got to work at the Cemetery again last week. Sis. Foster certainly has some very inspiring ideas about missionary work! I'm grateful I have that friendship with her so that we can stay in contact and I'm going to try to implement some of her Family History Proselyting ideas!

She gave me a bunch of pictures of us at the cemetery working! I'll attach some of those.

The forest in the background, there are still dozens of graves in the forest. The Graves shown in this picture were once lost in the forest.



Many of the grave stones are underground and need to be excavated.


Elder Cook is actually in this picture! We were able to have one last exchange this week before he goes home tomorrow! Elder Cook and I went out to eat with Kathy and it was great! Elder Cook was such a great inspiration and connection to have here! I love the guy! It only makes it better that we are 2nd cousins! I know the Lord was involved there! When I first arrived here in the South, I knew I was in the right place when he said to me, "You know we are related right?" ......haha

At lunch with Elder Cook


President Turner Called me Saturday morning and asked me to be a trainer! He also told me that I will be whitewashing an area! That means the area I will work in will have a totally new set of missionaries and we will have to start from ground zero and build up from there! Certainly going to be a wild adventure! I am excited to meet the fresh missionary from the MTC tomorrow! I hope to give him a good first impression of the south like Elder Davis did! 

Btw! Kylie Boren sent me a letter that her and Kyle were Sealed! So excited for them! Congrats! 

I'm eating tonight with Kathy! She is a great person in my life! Tonight when we eat, it won't be a goodbye. But Rather just the closing of a chapter! I owe so much to Kathy and all that she has done for me.

It is impossible for me to express everything that happened last week! Way to much!
Bishop had me give a final testimony in Sacrament Sunday. I Sure hope the Greenwood ward here knows how much I loved them! They are so great!

I am excited for this new Chapter of my mission!

Elder Dearden

No comments:

Post a Comment