Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, October 27, 2014

One Of The Best!

Ward Halloween Party

This past week was probably one of the best ever!

Elder Lumpkin and I are getting along so great now! We trust each other and understand each other! I have seen him grow so much and I have seen how he has helped me grown even more!

Life is so good right now!
We had so many great things happen.

I'm not getting transferred! YAY! I'm so excited to be staying here in Greenwood! I couldn't have hoped for better news!

First off, we met with a Less Active John Mitchel, he hasn't been to church sense 1995! Before I was even BORN! CRAZY! He was so thrilled when we knocked on his door, he hasn't had contact with the church sense he was baptized 19 years ago! Anyways, we started talking with him and he was just so happy! (BTW John so you can get a visual is an older black guy in his late 60's, lives in a mysterious trailer home in the back of a jungle...)
He was so kind to us and so thrilled to have us teach him!
He came to church on sunday! I was so happy for him, for him to take the sacrament again after 19 years! What a story! Anyways he was great at church! And Guess what?! He brought a friend! (Suzie Rice)! She is a non member who after being at church yesterday loved it and wants to take the discussions with us and get baptized! I feel like I'm in a dream, things are just rolling out crazy! I felt so honored to help John get back to Church after all those years. He loved Church and is coming back next week! We are going to have him teach with us as we help his friend investigate the church!
 
On Saturday the Sisters in our ward had a baptism, I played a special musical number with the sisters at the baptism. "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" Sis Young sang and Sis Lower was on the violin. 

Bryan: 
He is doing great, he went camping last weekend, so he was unable to go to church, but he is still planning on next sunday. We are going to teach him with Bro Manley on wednesday, which will be really good!

Kathy:
She came down with a terrible flu! She is not doing good at all! She is stuck in bed! Please pray for her! We talk with her on the phone everyday. We are going over today hopefully to give her a blessing. She is so sweet and has done so much for us we are doing our best to help her get through this sickness.

There are lots of other great people who we are working with! I wish I had time to tell all the miracles!  The Lord's hand is there, you just have to know it!

I'm going to start getting pictures of my favorite people here in Greenwood, I'll post some of them next week! That way ya'll can put a visual to the people I get to work with!

I hope ya'lls week was as good as my week was!

Love ya!
Elder Dearden

Happy Halloween!   This is my District.

No comments:

Post a Comment