Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, August 25, 2014

Awesome Week!

This past week has been awesome!!!!
I'll just tell ya'll about the people i've been working with!

Cathy:

She is an sweet lady we met on the side of her home while she was getting mail. She has traveled the world, she spent time in Germany, she does some kind of mental health profession. I could go on and on about the stories she has told us, but she even spent time down on the Reservations in Nevada in Tuba city! She has some cool stories of helping some Hopi people! It's strange how I run into people who I can somewhat have a conversation with! I told her about the Hopi Outreach thing, and she thought it was great, I think she wants to try to help, but we'll see. She wants to learn everything about our faith, she even asked us if we would do the baptism for the dead, for her father! It's almost like she already believes! So, if anything we'll be able to help her get her Genealogy work in the temple done! She wants real bad to sit down and do some family history stuff with the church, so we are helping her with that! She it taking us out to dinner tonight! I think she is just amazing, I really hope that we can continue to work with her because she is ready for baptism, we just need to teach and not let her tell us stories, we tend to get sucked into her stories because we love them!! Anyways, i'll report back on her next week.

Gabell:

She is a sweet older lady too who we met 2 weeks ago, she has been reading the Book of Mormon and loves for us to come to her home and talk about the gospel with her, She says she prays every night to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet, she wants so bad to have a witness! It's like she knows in her mind that he is a prophet, but she wants to have the Holy Ghost confirm it! I think she will convert quickly if she can get that witness, so perhaps ya'll could pray for her to get that witness! She wants so bad to have it! (BTW- she watches Sister Wives, and she knows they are crazy and not the real mormons, but we do have some conversations about it sometimes! haha reminds me of being home watching Sis Wives every sunday!!!) 

Dan Luke:

He is a super nice guy, has a great family, he is moving along slowly with interest regarding the Gospel, but he lets us go each week and teach him. I think he just has an educational interest in our message, not really a spiritual interest.

Ed Henderson:

I met him 3 weeks ago, he is amazing! He has been studying the Israelite people for years! He has done his genealogy and has traced himself to some biblical people, so he told us that he thinks he is of the tribe of Ephraim! He strongly feels he is of the house of Israel. He has been studying the Book of Mormon like crazy! He basically already knows the whole gospel. We invited him to be baptized, and he said no, because he feels that because he is of the House of Israel he doesn't need ordinances to save him, like, he is already saved by blood or something....we're going to try to help him understand that...but He is amazing, he put together a nice binder for me all about his studies about Israel, and they go right in line with the restoration of the gospel, I think he'll understand if we sit down with him for some more time....I could go on forever about Ed, he is just amazing! I was certainly meant to meet him! He knows so much, and he understands truth from lies, I just hope I can help him understand that the Church we represent is the RESTORATION OF ISRAEL! I think he'll come around :D

There are certainly other people who we are working with, but those are the highlights! 

I hope ya'll have a great week!!!!

Elder Dearden

No comments:

Post a Comment