Elder Taylor Dearden
South Carolina Columbia Mission
110 Oak Park Drive, Suite B
Irmo, SC 29063

taylor.dearden@myldsmail.net


Monday, July 7, 2014

To the people of the Earth...

This past week flew by so fast I have no idea where it even went! I am loving it here!
We started a totally new area and we already have about 10 investigators! It's crazy actually, the Lord has put us to work and He did it fast.

I had some amazing spiritual experiences, an epic Bible bash, and some really sweet tender moments with some people who we met on the streets who were having a hard life.

One lady we met, Nashay, she is a lady who we ran into late one night on her porch. She was having a rough day and started crying when we gave her a Book of Mormon, she felt the spirit and then told us that she knew we were meant to find her.

We had another situation just like that last night, we talked to a lady who said she was looking for something in her life, she told us that God told her that there was a piece of a puzzle that she needs to get in her life. She realized that we were messengers from God and she started to cry.
It is just amazing to see God lead us to people who are being prepared. We met a 16 year old boy who is searching for a new church, he says all the pastors are corrupt, and he wants to find the true church.  We gave him material to read and we're meeting with him to teach him this week!

Anyways, I had an epic bash where this guy knew the Bible like non other! He has logic that is so cool! The only thing we could do was ask him to pray about the Book of Mormon, but he accused us of being satanic because I told him that Satan was our brother in the pre-existence...so anyways tons of doctrine was launched all over the place and I just started to raise my voice, I told him to shut his mouth and that it was my turn to talk:  I bore my testimony and told him that they only way he'll know if our message is true is if he reads the Book of Mormon and then to pray and ask God if it's true, but then he wanted to argue with my testimony, so then I just left....He was screaming at me as I left, but I read in D& C 84:92 later that night "He that recieveth you not, go away from him alone by yourselves, and cleanse your feet even with water, pure water, whether in heat or in cold, and bear testimony of it unto your Father which is in Heaven, and return not again unto that man"
So, I will not return again unto that man.........I did really good with the bash, I beat him on several things, but he was so hard hearted he still wouldn't listen...so I've chosen that I just wont bash because people who want to bash don't want to listen anyways....but it sure was fun.

Many other things happened, but I just don't have time to write about all of it!
I love all ya'll, and I hope that you have a blessed week!

-Elder Dearden

Moms questions:

What did you do on the 4th?
-We were on lock down in the apartment, we rested, because we don't get much time to rest, so we took the opportunity to do that.

Have you been able to eat in the homes of any members?
-Not in the homes, but we have members that buy meals and bring them to our home a lot.

What do you guys do for exercise?
- I tried running, I'm so out of shape, but I am going to keep trying....it doesn't help that I have a car so I don't get much exercise anyways.

Do you know if your getting tablets? 
-Yes, we should be getting some soon, we don't have exact dates yet, but we know we will before the end of the year.

Have you been able to play the piano?
-Yes I play at every meeting, all the time.  Send me all my music, including John Schmit.

This is a typical road here.... a tunnel of trees.



I bought this Confederate flag for all my companions to sign.

These "Pimped out" cars are everywhere!



No comments:

Post a Comment